Commercial Restoration in the Upper Cumberland? SERVPRO Of Cookeville Is Here To Help!
Every hour spent on commercial restoration due to fire, water, mold, or other disasters is another hour of revenue and productivity lost trying to get back to business. Keeping up with your bottom line can be overwhelming while getting your business spic and span for clients and leads after a disaster. That’s where SERVPRO of Cookeville/Carthage/Smithville/Woodbury comes into the picture. We are equipped with advanced technology, rapid response times, and the industry knowledge to restore your Upper Cumberland business “Like it never even happened.” Below, we will delve into the cornerstones of our business, fire and water damage, and what those restoration processes entail for a business.
What Does Commercial Water Damage Restoration Include In Green Hills?
- While commercial water damage can present unique challenges, like odor control, mold, and drying techniques, we have the training and certifications to manage each water damage scenario through to the end.
- We have technicians specializing in water damage, including applied structural drying, odor control, and upholstery cleaning.
- We can restore what you may have thought was replaceable, from document drying to dry cleaning to hardwood floor repair!
What Does Commercial Fire Damage Restoration Include In Green Hills?
- Few things are more devastating than fire damage to your Upper Cumberland commercial business. If the unthinkable happens, have us as your emergency contact so we can come onto the scene to do an inspection and fire damage assessment of the property.
- We will immediately provide board-up and roof-tarp services, after which we will bring in our water damage technicians to remove any excess water damage if the damage is present.
- Restoration will only happen after all soot particles and musty odors have been thoroughly removed, and all surfaces have been deodorized and sanitized. Our fire damage technicians specialize in these processes and smoke restoration and fabric cleaning.
We are proud to be your Upper Cumberland neighbors! We take an active role in our community because we know how impactful a natural disaster can be on your life and your Upper Cumberland business. If you need commercial restoration in Cookeville and the surrounding Upper Cumberland area, give us a call at (931) 528-9292. We’re happy to help. This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Preparing for Fall Storms
If you know the Upper Cumberland area, it should come as no surprise that our area gets a heavy dose of annual rainfall, which is great to cool off from a hot, sticky day. However, it can also mean storm damage, water damage, and frequent flooding in your Cookeville home or business. To alleviate storm damage as the temperatures decrease, you have to take the appropriate measures to reduce and prevent further damage.
Storm Damage Checklist: Get The Scoop On Flood Remediation
- DO remove excess water by blotting and mopping affected areas.
- DO remove colored items from wet carpeting.
- DO gather and remove loose objects from wet areas and move to a safe place.
- DO place wood blocks and aluminum foil between wet carpets and furniture legs and prop all wet cushions.
- DON’T leave wet fabrics, furs, and leather goods lying around! Make sure to hang them up.
- DON’T use household appliances! This means not using your vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- DON’T turn on the ceiling fan if the ceiling is wet! This also includes staying away from rooms where the ceiling is sagging from excess water.
Further Cleanup: Electronic Restoration
- We know that water damage can cause a severe threat to your electronics. If you think that any of your electrical devices has been a victim of water damage, DO NOT attempt to turn them on!
- To prevent further corrosion and damage, we start the restoration process by cleaning up the exterior of all electronic devices.
- Electronics will be examined thoroughly by an experienced electronics technician afterward.
- We can handle anything from TV sets to computers and more!
It’s hard to predict the unpredictable, but a few practical measures and a call to SERVPRO of Cookeville can get you back on your feet after a storm in the Upper Cumberland. Contact us today at 931-528-9292. This franchise is independently owned and operated.
How To Handle Water Damage In Your Attic
Late summer in the Upper Cumberland means an influx of rainwater is rolling through town. These storms can severely impact your roof and spaces like your attic in your home. Water damage isn’t something to take lightly, and your attic is one of the places in your house that is most susceptible to water damage if your roof is in less than ideal repair. In the unfortunate event that you experience water damage in your attic, here’s what you should do next.
1. Figure out where the water is coming from.
First things first, always assess the water damage and try to determine where the water is coming into your attic. Figuring out where the water is coming from is key to preventing further damage and helps you realize what you should address first. Be sure to turn off the electricity before assessing the damage and touching anything electrical in the area! Water and electricity is never a good combination. The water damage may be more extensive than what meets the eye, so take careful notice of any water damage that is deeper than it may appear on the surface.
2. Stop the water leak(s).
Once you determine where the water is coming from, see if you can stop the water leak or call a professional to come and stop it as soon as possible. Take pictures of the leak and the damage for your home insurance carrier in the event that the damage goes beyond your deductible. These are essential for your claim to be approved and water damage to be minimized. You can reach the water damage restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Cookeville 24/7 for any emergencies at 931-528-9292.
3. Repair the damage.
Especially if there are any structural problems as a result of the water damage, your attic will need to be repaired in short order. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may need to hire professionals to repair structural, electrical, plumbing, or insulation damage. All of these types of attic damage affect your home beyond just the attic, which is why it’s integral to get them assessed and repaired.
Water damage in your attic requires attention and remedial action, and routinely checking your attic after it rains is a good practice to get in the habit of to minimize any potential damage that may come your way. If left unnoticed and unattended for a long time, water damage can severely alter the framework and livability of your home, which is why it should be adequately paid attention to. For help handling any water, fire, or storm damage as well as mold remediation and biohazard cleanup (including COVID-19 cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection services), contact SERVPRO of Cookeville at 931-528-9292. Our team is expertly trained and equipped with state-of-the-art technology to return your home or business to tip-top shape.
Mold Remediation In Your Commercial Building
All it takes is a dripping pipe or even excess humidity for a mold colony to form in your Nashville commercial building. Once this happens, microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, making it that much harder to remove all mold from your Upper Cumberland building without the proper equipment and safety measures.
What’s the 411 on Mold?
- Aside from being microscopic, mold spores float in the air and can enter your building through windows, HVAC systems, doors, or even take a trip to your building through your clothing or a pet. Talk about an unannounced guest!
- Mold spores flourish in moisture-rich environments. This means mold can grow dramatically in the presence of water, forming mold colonies. Adding insult to injury, these colonies oftentimes produce health effects.
- Before the mold remediation process, our team of professionals must address any water or moisture in the building environment before proceeding with the inspection and mold damage assessment.
- Excess humidity is also a culprit to mold growth in your Nashville commercial building. That’s why it’s important to keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- To find out where affected areas are in your building, mold often has a strong, musty smell, which can help you in your mold remediation journey.
The Dos And Don’ts of Mold Damage
- As obvious as it may be, DO stay out of the affected area(s) and turn off all HVAC systems and fans!
- Call SERVPRO of Cookeville, where our highly trained technicians specialize in mold remediation with advanced technology and expertise in this field.
- No matter what, DON’T touch or disturb the mold!
- DON’T try to dry the area without professional supervision.
- DON’T blow air across the surfaces where the mold resides. This will cause the mold to spread faster.
- DON’T spray disinfectants or bleach on mold.
Not only can mold cause damage to your Nashville commercial building, but it can also be hazardous to your health. If you think your building may show signs of mold damage, don’t hesitate to reach out to SERVPRO of Cookeville today at 931-528-9292. This franchise is independently owned and operated.
What To Do After Smoke Damage
Dealing with the cleanup that comes post-fire damage is devastating enough, but what about handling the soot and smoke smell afterward? Often, it’s true that scents can bring back emotional memories, and the smoke damage is sure to conjure up some traumatic ones. That’s why, at SERVPRO of Cookeville, we specialize in deodorization and odor removal so that you can start the restoration process post-disaster.
What Are Some Ways SERVPRO of Cookeville Can Eliminate Smoke Odors?
- Our experienced team is trained to identify and eradicate offensive odors as a result of smoke damage. These odors are known to come from sources beyond the interior of your home in the Upper Cumberland.
- We have the training and equipment required to detect these odors, thereby eliminating them soon afterward. Our technicians have access to numerous odor removal products capable of penetrating through carpets, upholstery, and surfaces to neutralize the smell completely.
- We also teach IICRC technical courses in proper odor removal. We know that just going surface level won’t be enough to thoroughly eliminate smoke odors, especially if those odors are severe or persistent. In other words, we know better than to take shortcuts!
How Can I Recover Important Documents And Precious Photographs After Smoke Damage?
We handle all documents and photographs with extreme care to ensure that fire/smoke damage doesn’t ruin the items further. Although some documents may be beyond saving, SERVPRO of Cookeville can still save many of your documents and help reduce further damage.
There are five options for document/photograph drying, depending on the level of smoke, soot, and fire damage. These options are:
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Air Dehumidification
- Freezer Drying
- Air Drying
Smoke damage to your home in the Upper Cumberland as a byproduct of fire damage doesn’t have to turn your life upside down. However, with our expertise in this field and our prompt response time, you can get your life back to normal in no time! Don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Cookeville today at 931-528-9292. This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Dangers Of Fire Damage
When not properly addressed and taken care of, fire damage in Cookeville, or any other place in the Upper Cumberland, can spell disaster for a building’s structural integrity as well as the general health and well-being of the building’s occupants. After a fire, there are several necessary steps that must be taken during the fire damage restoration process to restore buildings to their original conditions and ensure the health and safety of everyone who enters them.
So, what are some of the dangers of fire damage in the Upper Cumberland?
- Fire damage can leave your building full of soot, which when inhaled, can cause or exacerbate serious conditions like lung cancer, asthma, and more.
- Heat can severely weaken or damage concrete, wood, and other structural materials that often make up the commercial and residential buildings. Your building should always be assessed post-fire damage to check for structural damage before you or anyone else enters it again.
- Permanent fire damage can also impact the buildings adjacent to where the fire took place. Depending on how far the fire and smoke spread, others buildings nearby may not be safe or need to be restored, too.
How can you restore fire damage?
Here at SERVPRO of Cookeville, our fire damage restoration process consists of the following steps.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call 931-528-9292.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect and test the adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the damage.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
We can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs to prevent further damage.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
If water is present, the removal process begins almost immediately.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
Specialized equipment and techniques help remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Next up comes cleaning, sanitization, and disinfecting.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step to restore the building to its pre-fire condition.
You can contact SERVPRO of Cookeville for fire damage restoration or other disaster restoration services by calling 931-528-9292. This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Water Damage Repair in Cookeville
If you have lived in the Upper Cumberland for long enough, chances are, you’re aware that we get quite a lot of rain, which can lead to frequent flooding. Losing all of your precious belongings (and with that, memories) in a relentless torrent can undoubtedly be mentally, emotionally, and physically overwhelming. Thankfully, we have the expertise required to help you restore what was lost and get back to a new normal after water damage to your home or business.
Safety First, Safety Second…
- As always, in these instances, your number one priority should be safety. Is it safe to stay inside your home or business?
- You should be sure only to do indoor activities that are safe for you to perform post-flooding.
- Don’t push yourself to lift too many objects, because wet materials can be VERY heavy- be careful!
- Some of the most prevalent concerns involving water damage are electrical hazards and “slip and fall” incidents, so be aware of the damage post-flood.
How Do I Restore My Belongings After Water Damage To My Upper Cumberland Home Or Business?
- Here at SERVPRO of Cookeville, our philosophy of “restore” and not “replace” motivates us to help you restore your items as if they were our own, and we work tirelessly to make sure your belongings are as good as they were pre-flood. As a result, we first pretest your contents to start this process.
- Next, we utilize several methods to clean your materials, including dry cleaning, wet cleaning, spray and wipe, immersion cleaning, foam cleaning, and abrasive cleaning.
- Suppose your home or business requires intensive cleanup and restoration. In that case, SERVPRO of Cookeville can coordinate an efficient, effective, and stress-free move-out of the affected area(s). This provides several benefits, including a quicker remodeling process and protecting items from further damage.
- We also provide electronic cleanup, photograph, and document drying services, and contents claim inventory services.
If you find yourself needing extra guidance on a trying and emotional experience such as water damage repair in the Upper Cumberland, look no further than SERVPRO of Cookeville! As trusted leaders in the restoration industry, we pride ourselves on our ongoing training and rapid 24/7 emergency response because we know that natural disasters don’t come announced! Contact us today at 931-528-9292.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Retail Store Storm Damage & The Necessity of a Speedy Response
Severe weather such as storms and hurricanes can cause flooding that can devastate your retail store and interrupt business operations in just a few minutes. Depending on the extent of damage, you may need to close your business for several days or weeks to have the destruction repaired. Closing the doors can lead to a loss of revenue.
Acting quickly is crucial to avoid significant losses if you are dealing with commercial flood damage in your Cookeville retail store. Getting help from a remediation company can ensure that you get back to business quickly to avoid losing customers. Acting fast can also prevent mold infestation, which can sometimes cause effects to human health.
After flood water has entered your store, the loss of inventory will compromise your business operations. The stock in your store holds a large amount of capital. When you find ruined goods, you should immediately document the damage and the value of the products so that you can deduct the loss from your taxable income. Our team can help you separate the ruined inventory and document the damage for insurance claims purposes.
Even though it is not always possible to restore some flood-damaged merchandise, our crew can help you restore salvageable store fixtures and equipment. We can generally dry electronic equipment like computers and cash registers effectively. If the electronic equipment sustained damage, we also work with professionals who specialize in restoring electronic equipment.
Whatever the situation, our SERVPRO crew will develop a tailor-made plan to return your business to its preloss state.
We have the experience to restore commercial properties after flood damage. Using the latest flood damage restoration techniques and equipment, like high-pressure pumps, our crew can remove the water from your business premises. Our top of the line moisture detection equipment enables us to inspect for moisture in hard-to-reach areas like high ceilings. Our restorers are able to quickly assess large areas of the building to see how moisture traveled. We can then dry the structure using air moving and dehumidifying equipment. Our SERVPRO team can also clean and disinfect the affected area using professional grade cleaning and sanitizing agents to eliminate the contaminants that came in with the floodwater.
After experiencing flood damage in your Cookeville retail store, SERVPRO of Cookeville/Carthage/Smithville/Woodbury can help you get back to business by restoring the structure. Call us 24/7 at 931-528-9292 for a quick remediation process that can make the damage seem “Like it never even happened.”
Many properties are ravaged by storm and water damage every year. The problem isn’t necessarily the water damage; what is particularly problematic is the way in which the damage could be remediated. Especially when the areas of water damage are spread out over a large commercial property, it’s imperative that you call a Commercial Restoration Company to get an estimate before stepping in to tackle the project.
Getting an Estimate
When you’ve got your back against the wall and in need of storm damage repairs, it’s better to go in with a plan and a budget rather than just trying to wing it. That’s where an estimate comes in handy. If you consider the estimate as a blueprint for what you need to do to restore your commercial property to its original luster, it will serve you well from start to finish of your project.
The Importance of an Estimate
An estimate isn’t just an important step to take from an insurance standpoint (i.e. making sure to cross your t’s and dot your I’s); it’s also the preferred way to begin a storm restoration project. Having an estimate in hand helps both you and the restoration company agree on the terms of the arrangement and the budgeting of the project. That way, it allows you to see exactly what needs to be done without guessing. This is not just helpful for you, the customer, from a budgeting standpoint; it’s also incredibly important for the company to ensure they are able to deliver on their expectations in the end.
Who to Call for your Commercial Property
Having an estimate before starting any storm restoration repairs comes recommended by all reputable storm restoration companies. If you’re in need of commercial storm damage repairs, it’s important that you call SERVPRO of Cookeville/Carthage/Smithville/Woodbury today at 931-528-9292 for a consultation to get your estimate and start getting the ball rolling on your project.
How SERVPRO of Cookeville Restores after a Flood
When a flood happens inside your home, there are many different areas of the home that can be affected. Water damage from floods can destroy your home’s structure, carpet, flooring, and more. Electrical problems often occur after home flooding and there are many steps that need to be taken to start repairing the damage the flood has caused. See the steps that SERVPRO takes to restore properties following flood damage in the Upper Cumberland.
Step 1 - Emergency Contact
We understand that water damage can come at any time so we’re ready to field your emergency call 24/7 to ensure a timely response. Once receiving your call, our specialists are trained to ask you several simple questions that will help us understand what needs to be done to your property.
Step 2 - Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
Once we have all of the information we need, our team will arrive promptly at your property to assess the water damage personally to determine the best course of action. During this assessment, our team will check the moisture levels of your property, survey any damages that may have occurred, and identify the types of water present in the area.
Step 3 - Water Removal / Water Extraction
Depending on the amount of water that makes up your flooded space, our team may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. We also use a variety of water extraction equipment such as moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters to measure the extent of moisture saturation in your space along with truck-mounted and portable extraction units that perform efficient water removal.
Step 4 - Drying and Dehumidification
After taking careful measurements to determine the optimal number of air movers and dehumidifiers to dry your home or business., the SERVPRO team will dry and dehumidify your space. While the space is drying, our team will check the moisture levels of all pertinent floors and walls to monitor the drying process so that swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture doesn’t happen.
Step 5 - Cleaning and Sanitizing
Our team understands that even if the water is out, you still aren’t out of the woods when it comes to water damage odor removal, and deodorization. Our technical expertise and industrial-grade air scrubbers and fogging equipment go well beyond simply masking odors. Depending on the scenario, we may use antimicrobial, antibacterial, or disinfectant treatments to clean your property. Furthermore, we will remove and dispose of damaged materials with guidance from you and your insurance adjuster.
Step 6 - Restoration
Restoration is the final step in the equation. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet or may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. If you’re looking for someone to simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial water damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas, then look to the team at SERVPRO.
Choosing SERVPRO for your Water Damage Restoration Needs
The best part about sticking with SERVPRO is that you can rest assured that every team member has extensive water damage restoration training that helps you get back to normal more quickly. Their dedication to responding immediately to water emergencies lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces your costs. Make sure to call SERVPRO of Cookeville/Carthage/Smithville/Woodbury at 931-528-9292 if you’re in need of water damage restoration following a flood.