Preparing for Fall Storms
If you know the Upper Cumberland area, it should come as no surprise that our area gets a heavy dose of annual rainfall, which is great to cool off from a hot, sticky day. However, it can also mean storm damage, water damage, and frequent flooding in your Cookeville home or business. To alleviate storm damage as the temperatures decrease, you have to take the appropriate measures to reduce and prevent further damage.
Storm Damage Checklist: Get The Scoop On Flood Remediation
- DO remove excess water by blotting and mopping affected areas.
- DO remove colored items from wet carpeting.
- DO gather and remove loose objects from wet areas and move to a safe place.
- DO place wood blocks and aluminum foil between wet carpets and furniture legs and prop all wet cushions.
- DON’T leave wet fabrics, furs, and leather goods lying around! Make sure to hang them up.
- DON’T use household appliances! This means not using your vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- DON’T turn on the ceiling fan if the ceiling is wet! This also includes staying away from rooms where the ceiling is sagging from excess water.
Further Cleanup: Electronic Restoration
- We know that water damage can cause a severe threat to your electronics. If you think that any of your electrical devices has been a victim of water damage, DO NOT attempt to turn them on!
- To prevent further corrosion and damage, we start the restoration process by cleaning up the exterior of all electronic devices.
- Electronics will be examined thoroughly by an experienced electronics technician afterward.
- We can handle anything from TV sets to computers and more!
It’s hard to predict the unpredictable, but a few practical measures and a call to SERVPRO of Cookeville can get you back on your feet after a storm in the Upper Cumberland. Contact us today at 931-528-9292. This franchise is independently owned and operated.