Bathub Sewage 101
A sewer backup can be quite unpleasant - especially when it occurs in your bathtub. If you are suffering from this type of sewage, you probably want to take care of the issue as soon as possible. However, there are times that it makes sense to fix the backup yourself and times when expert help is needed. Here’s how to figure out which situation you are dealing with.
If the bathtub backup is small and did not cause extensive damage - and you have the proper protective gear and equipment - you can attempt to begin cleanup yourself. Here are some tips to remember during the process:
- If you are dealing with flooding, do not run your air conditioner or heating system.
- Throw away any non-essential items ruined by the sewer backup and keep them away from clean areas.
- Move clean items into a clean space as soon as possible.
- Open your doors and windows if it is sunny and dry outside.
- Try to learn techniques to prevent future backups, with or without professional assistance.
If you run into a bigger issue at any point during cleanup, remember to call a plumber, cleanup service or other professional for help.
Expert Help Scenarios
There are certain cases that call for professional assistance no matter what. If you are facing a huge flood, extensive damage or a massive backup, a professional water damage restoration company in Baxter, TN, should be called to help with cleanup tasks. You may also need to talk to other experts to handle specific issues that arise.
When it comes to a sewer backup, you want to use all of the resources available to you to get your bathroom back in clean, usable shape as soon as possible. It can be hard to ask for help, but assistance and investment are both worth the end result of a safe and secure home.