If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (931) 528-9292

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold Remediation In Your Commercial Building

9/1/2021 (Permalink)

All it takes is a dripping pipe or even excess humidity for a mold colony to form in your Nashville commercial building. Once this happens, microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, making it that much harder to remove all mold from your Upper Cumberland building without the proper equipment and safety measures. 

What’s the 411 on Mold? 

  • Aside from being microscopic, mold spores float in the air and can enter your building through windows, HVAC systems, doors, or even take a trip to your building through your clothing or a pet. Talk about an unannounced guest! 
  • Mold spores flourish in moisture-rich environments. This means mold can grow dramatically in the presence of water, forming mold colonies. Adding insult to injury, these colonies oftentimes produce health effects. 
  • Before the mold remediation process, our team of professionals must address any water or moisture in the building environment before proceeding with the inspection and mold damage assessment. 
  • Excess humidity is also a culprit to mold growth in your Nashville commercial building. That’s why it’s important to keep indoor humidity below 45 percent. 
  • To find out where affected areas are in your building, mold often has a strong, musty smell, which can help you in your mold remediation journey. 

The Dos And Don’ts of Mold Damage

  • As obvious as it may be, DO stay out of the affected area(s) and turn off all HVAC systems and fans!
  • Call SERVPRO of Cookeville, where our highly trained technicians specialize in mold remediation with advanced technology and expertise in this field. 
  • No matter what, DON’T touch or disturb the mold!
  • DON’T try to dry the area without professional supervision.
  • DON’T blow air across the surfaces where the mold resides. This will cause the mold to spread faster. 
  • DON’T spray disinfectants or bleach on mold. 

Not only can mold cause damage to your Nashville commercial building, but it can also be hazardous to your health. If you think your building may show signs of mold damage, don’t hesitate to reach out to SERVPRO of Cookeville today at 931-528-9292. This franchise is independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts