What If My House Is Only a Little Moldy?
If you’re only seeing the beginnings of a mold outbreak, it may be possible to contain and remediate your house mold on your own. If you’ve only got small mold deposits in your Cookeville, TN, home, here are a few pointers on how to carefully remove mold growth from your house.
Cleaning Small Amounts of Mold
To clean a small amount of mold from your home, you should:
• Always wear protective equipment. Cover your eyes, mouth, and nose. Make sure to wear gloves and clothing that can either be washed or thrown away when you’re done.
• Find and remediate the source of moisture. Before getting rid of the mold, get rid of the source or the mold will only come back. You’ll usually find some kind of water damage fueling house mold, such as leaking pipes or condensation.
• Wipe the affected area with detergent and water. A mild mix of detergent and water should serve to wipe away the mold without damaging the surface underneath it. If your house mold won’t wipe off with this mixture, you may be dealing with deeper infestation requiring professional support.
• Only use bleach sparingly. Bleach can sometimes kill mold, but it will also damage the surfaces underneath it.
• Soak affected items with baking soda and vinegar. Baking soda and vinegar are age-old solutions for killing mold. These can work on patches on the walls or floors, or on personal items that need to be cleaned. Soak these items in a solution of baking soda and vinegar; scrub the mold spots with the same solution before washing.
What You See May Not Be What You Get
Even if you only see small amounts of mold in your home, you may actually have a deeper infestation hidden behind wallpaper, drywall, floorboards, or linoleum tile. Make sure to reach out for help if you suspect you may have a mold infestation larger than what you can see with the naked eye. For more information, visit http://www.SERVPROcookevillecarthagesmithvillewoodbury.com/.