Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Coming home to discover a water line break or leaking facuet after a long day can be no walk in the park. The water can leave behind damages to your floors, walls, and ceiling. SERVPRO of Cookeville / Carthage / Smithville / Woodbury is your leader in the water restoration industry you can trust. Safety is your first priority. You will want to ensure all electrical and slipping hazards are taken care of immediately to ensure the safety of friends and family. Dealing with a water leak can be extremely stressful but don't worry, SERVPRO of Cookeville / Carthage / Smithville / Woodbury is here to help anytime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. While waiting for the team to arrive, you cause use the tips below.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (931) 528-9292
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.